Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

KKKristian Love

In a blogpost over at Dispatches from the Culture Wars (http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/11/18/oreilly-rants-about-secular-progressives-again/#comment-193262) a commentor, Laurent Weppe took me to task for comments I made about U.S. christians. You can read the original, but suffice to say that the first quote in this entry (his words) is representative. I respect Laurent Weppe's views and agree/disagree along the lines of what I know from personal experience or have learned from reading the views of respected authorities and discussing same with intelligent people.

I admit to having an animus against ANY organization, religious or otherwise, that uses its power and authority to attack those whom it deems undesirable--especially when it is being hypocritical. The various christian churches are, all too often, included in in that group.

So.......

"So tell me: are you completely ignorant of what’s happening outside your own tiny social circle or simply mimicking the american newstertainment industry pretending that they don’t exist so you can abstain from making the truly herculean intellectual effort of aiming before throwing rhetorical turds?"

Laurentweppe:

I've spent over 60 years living in an overwhelmingly self-professed christian society. During these 60+ years I HAVE, rarely, seen a few christians of my own acquaintance who called out the haters and liars in their own ranks. Those few are out of many, many thousands of christians I have lived, worked, played and, for far too long, prayed with. 

Your first link doesn't work (503 error). Your second link is instructive in letting me know that one writer is criticizing the U.S. KKKristianist establishment. That is not even what I'm talking about.
The vast majority of U.S. christians of all sects are mute on the subject of their leaders' politicization of the faith and on their pronouncements of doom and gloom for the U.S. because of our sinnin' ways.

I don't even care if they offer a vocal protest. They vote for the fuckers with their pocketbooks. Churches are not supported by gummint here (not to any significant extent) except by way of tax exemptions. Cut off the head, you kill the snake. Starve the tumor that is the KKKristian hierarchy (a large %age of church leaders who have influence in politics and the media) by cutting off their funding and you might just cure the body of Christ--not that I believe there is one.
It is not a matter of conjecture or of my being:

"ignorant of what’s happening outside your own tiny social circle or simply mimicking the american newstertainment industry pretending that they don’t exist"

They DON'T exist in numbers large enough to matter; if they did they would have done.

No comments: