Followers

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Since I don't got no teevee, I'm spared having to watch assholes like Tweety Matthews interview assholes like Mitch McConnell. It appears from the little intertubes synopses that I've seen that the GOP is going to do what they can to torpedo the stimulus bill. Well, anyone who expected them to do anything except continue to be the clueless fucks they've been since 1972 was in denial. During the eight years that Bushco had control of the WH and the six years that they controlled the courts and the congress the democrats were demonized as being unpatriotic, unamerican and uncaring for not voting for every bill that the reptilicans pushed out of committee. They were demonized for filibustering judicial nominees. Now, it appears those are exactly the strategies the GOP will employ to derail the stimulus and to stop Obama appointees from reaching the bench. Lying, fucking sacks of shit that they are the reptilicans of course are saying that this is all about "unnecessary spending" and not giving enough tax cuts to those who need them. It's past time for these scumbags to be pilloried for what they are. Traitors, plain and simple. They work against the interests of the United States and they should be called out for it. Roll call votes are necessary on every piece of legislation these assholes try to stop.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Demo, my man, reading where you said you ain't got no teevee reminded me of that Neil Young song from back in the 80's:

Got mashed potatoes
Got mashed potatoes
Got mashed potatoes ...

Ain't got not T-bone ...


Dunno why, exactly. Just did.

Anonymous said...

Dammit. Of course, I meant:

Ain't got no T-bone ...

Always hit "Preview." Always!

democommie said...

Dave von Ebers:

I do got a T-bone, but I'm outta taters.

Anonymous said...

Well, then, Demo, ya got a leg up on that Neil Young.

democommie said...

Good evening no blood for hubris & Dave von Ebers:

Howdy rightbackatchya!

And, yes, I do have a leg up on Mr. Young, but it's the guitar hand that I want!

I been out buying more stuff for my house. I picked up a $480 bathtub for $117 and four 5 Gallon buckets of joint compound plus four 4 x 8 sheets of 7/16" OSB for $8--for the lot! I was feeling good about that, then I went to a contra dance and took pix of some people spinning around like tops. Oh, yeah, I had some beer and wings, too. I bin bizzy!

Anonymous said...

We been busy, too. Had to get new tires (ahem ... I use the term "new" loosely, know what I'm sayin'?) fer the beater ...

By the way: Today's word verification? "Alterer." I kid you not. "Alterer." Hmmm ...

democommie said...

Rev. Jerry Gloryhole:

I think that you prolly have too high a degree of moral rectitude for those folks, for they are the pharisees and they cannot stand your withering gaze.

Knowdoubt, one of the General's newer converts is curious to meet you (online). I would never send him, or anyone else, your or my other fine blogrades such info unless told it was alright. He seems like a decent fellow--I'm sure we can fix that.

democommie said...

Richard:

Zackly! I'm doing another post on this.