Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dear Reader: I, democommie, your "Dear Ranter" have decided to put a couple of comments that I made on two other blogs up instead of doing my usual exhaustive investigational reporterage BEFORE I write nasty shit about scumbags and scumbaguettes. This comment is from here: http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2008/10/candidate_comedy.php#commentsArea (Ed Brayton's "Dispatches from the culture wars") Coriolis: (you said) "I think he doesn't think things through very deeply, and he's fairly stupid, but ultimately I don't think he's an evil man. Which is why I think he goes into the type of stupid crap he does (Ayers, Palin, etc.), but at the end of the day he does see the results and he doesn't like it." That assessment + the "football"= Vote for Obama. All pols are actors, plain and simple. They have to be able to turn it on and off like a lightbulb. That is not to say they don't have genuine emotions, or that they are not subject to exposing them in embarassing ways. McCain has had hundreds, if not thousands of interviews and he's done the speaking/lecture circuit for years. I think what makes McCain show so badly (in terms of facial tics, grimaces, etc.,) during the debates and in unscripted moments is that he's playing to an audience that isn't conditioned, as is the MSM--until very recently--to simply accept the notion that he is a decent and honourable man. Is McCain "Evil"? I suppose that depends on how it's defined. Is McCain Stupid, vainglorious, self-aggrandizing and venal? now, THAT'S a softball question. So, an evil clone of a much beloved U.S. (POWARHERO) Senator and an evil, neo-cryptic HUSSEINOFASCIST walk into a bar. ___________________________________________________________________________ This comment is from the "Palin to appear on SNL" thread here: http://loosetncanon.blogspot.com/ (William is a very smart, very musical guy) William: Hey, I thought you wuz gonna lay off putting your filthy commie lies on the internets tubz until after the "selection". Now that "anonytroll" that got re-assigned to put stupid comments on somebody else's blog is gonna have to get re-re-deployed to come back over her and spout nonsense. Do they use teleprompters on SNL? Is Campaign mPALINccain so comfy with their lead that they think they can afford to have Sarah work with comedy writers instead of Senator Lieberman (Pariah--CT) and the Rovebots? I admit these are not very serious questions, or I will, just as soon as John McCain says that picking the McHuntress as a running mate was a joke. democommie _______________________________________________________________________________ I highly recommend both of the blogs I mentioned (not so highly that I think you should, like, go there, instead of coming here, capeeesh?). Fair warning, I sometimes say things--on other people's blogs, never my own--that might be considered rude, offensive or just plain fucking nuts. S'okay, somebody has to be willing to be the voice of the lone loon on a pond full of mallards (yes, I know; the simile is meaningless but you get the idea).

3 comments:

William said...

Thanks for the link, good post and as usual, great comment.

democommie said...

William:

I don't think you need to get out more, but your work does. One of these days when I figure out how to do a blogroll, I'll put you on it.

Fran said...

Honestly, I like the simile.