Followers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Chivalry may be dead, but cynicism is a squalling 800# baby gorilla

Well, we had a deal, but it appears that the GOPimps in the house are now saying that the guy they sent up to the hill had his fingers crossed... "But a House leadership aide said that there had been no bipartisan negotiations with House Republicans. The aide said Rep. Spencer Bachus, who had been meeting with Frank and Sen. Chris Dodd, head of the Senate Banking Committee, had no authority to speak for them. In a statement before the meeting, Bachus said that he had made it clear in the meeting that "I was not authorized by my colleagues to make any agreement on behalf of House Republicans." So, now it would appear that we don't have a deal. Our economy is tanking (has been for quite some time, actually) and the reptilicans are going to use this crisis as another chance to fuck the rest of us and at the same time make political points with the morons that support McCain/Palin or Bushco V1.1, if you will. They say that the Chinese have an ideogram for "crisis" that combines "danger" with "opportunity". I think the GOP has one that combines "cynicism" with "talking points". Here's a great MPalincCain ad. http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1831461 enjoy!!

2 comments:

sharon said...

If the Fed takes over and sells off yet another bank today, all bets could be off. I never thought I’d find myself on the side of House Republicans but d@mmit, let the market do its thing and if every investment firm on Wall Street collapses, we can start with a clean slate. When you ain’t got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose. Or something like that. I don’t have much, but I’m willing to risk it all if the greedy and corrupt get spanked good and hard, too. I'll change my mind only if there is relief for the home buyers, too.

democommie said...

sharon:

I agree with the premise, but the reptilicans are trying to take advantage of the mess that they created. I want to see Barney Frank or Chris Dodd lay the chronology out and call them on it. 6 years they had the reins and they let this happen, not the dems.