Followers

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Abstinence only works--NOT!

I don't have a lot of time to play with this at the moment, but the latest figures on teens having babies is showing an upward trend. This link: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/HOLD-RELEASE-UNTIL-830-AM-graphic-shows-teen-birth-rate/photo//090107/480/a1b8bc26badc48b892e2bed09c70df19//s:/ap/20090107/ap_on_he_me/med_teen_births is to just one of several stories out there, I'm sure. Of course the KKKristianreich is saying that the reason for the upturn is because of the fact that kids are still being taught about contraceptives. Sounds like bullshit to me, but then all of their other religiopalaver IS bullshit, so why would this be any different? People, kids especially, are gonna have sex, no matter what. If you keep them dumb, the barefoot and pregnant part are the other two legs of the KKKristian Population Outtacontrol Quiverful Program. I gotta run, more rant later.

6 comments:

Nomi said...

In my "case manager" life, I was once required to attend a training titled:
"Postponing Sexual Involvement for Teenagers".

Maybe I can sell the materials on these intertubez!

democommie said...

Nomi:

What sort of restraints and holds did that involve?

Anonymous said...

Demo, I can only say that abstinence worked for me during my teenage years. ’Course, it was involuntary abstinence, but hey. Abstinence is abstinence, ya know what I’m sayin’?

Nomi said...

That was a different training--
Passive Restraints and it was about four presidents ago

(reagan, bush, clinton, bush --did I leave anyone out? they're indistinct)

If I was interviewing the Queen Palin, I'd ask her about Abstinence Only. Would be great fun to hear her gosh witty wink remarks...

SeattleDan said...

If we could only make it so that sex wasn't fun. That would help a lot.

democommie said...

SeattleDan:

Whattayamean "make it so that sex wasn't fun"?